How to apply for a pension
Are you ready to put your pension into Pay Status?
IMPORTANT NOTE: During the COVID-19 crisis, the AFTRA Retirement Fund has implemented a change in the process for submitting the required notarized pension application to put your pension into pay status. For information on requirements for submitting your pension application, email Participant Services at email@example.com.
- Get a head start! Start the process at least 90 days before your planned retirement date
- Request an updated Pension Projection for multiple retirement dates to understand your options. Note that this is a required step before you can request a Pension Application.
- Reconfirm your beneficiary on file at the AFTRA Retirement Fund office
- Review the various annuities options
- Consult with your professional advisors (accountant, financial planner, retirement advisor)
- Review your social security statements and contact Social Security Administration (to ensure you understand your SSA benefits)
- Be sure that the Fund has your current mailing address. Complete this form to update or verify your address and complete the address verification section OR complete the contact information section of the form.
Submitting your Pension Application Form
- Submit the completed Pension application which must be physically notarized by a Notary Public
- Your application cannot be submitted less than 30 days before the anticipated effective date of your retirement (but no more than 180 days before the anticipated effective date of your retirement)
- Your completed and notarized pension application must be returned to the AFTRA Retirement Fund office at:
AFTRA Retirement Fund
Attention: Retirement Services
261 Madison Avenue, 7th floor
New York, NY 10016
For other helpful information visit the following related pages:
Retirement Plan at-a-glance main page
Retirement Fund section intro page